Explore New Zealand’s city life and remote regions, travelling from Auckland to Christchurch. Travel off the beaten track in comfort and style as we guide you on this scenic adventure from coast to coast.
- Encounter the volcanic peaks of Middle Earth in Tongariro National Park
- Experience the bioluminescent glowworm caves of Waitomo
- Marvel at the mesmerising coastal views of the Kapiti Coast
- Discover the sandstone cliffs of the Rangatikei River Gorge
- Cruise through magnificent views while crossing the Cook Strait
- Sip world-class wine amongst the vines in Marlborough
- Experience the wonder of marine wildlife in beautiful Kaikoura
- Be captivated by the storytelling of your Tour Director along this great journey
You'll love this tour
This adventure is an enviable trip designed for those who want a stress-free, scenic journey like no other. Meet like-minded travellers while experiencing world-class activities in charming locations.
- Experienced Tour Director
- Hamilton Gardens and Picnic
- Raglan Dinner Cruise
- Sanctuary Mountain Wildlife Experience
- Glowworm Caves Tour
- Volcanic Geology Experiences
- Wellington and Christchurch City Tours
- Cook Strait Ferry Crossing
- Marlborough Wine Tour Experience
- Wildlife Experience in Kaikōura
- Christchurch Historic Tramway Restaurant
- Two World-Class Scenic Train Journeys
Our Signature Cities and Seas Tour between Auckland and Christchurch includes three of the greatest journeys in New Zealand - the Northern Explorer train, Interislander Cook Strait crossing and Coastal Pacific train.
On our Signature Auckland to Christchurch tour, you will see it all, travelling aboard all four of our world-famous journeys.
Boarding in Auckland, your first few days include a series of journeys aboard our Northern Explorer train travelling through the volcanic heart of the North Island.
Cruising between islands, the Interislander ferry plots a leisurely course around Wellington Harbour and through the magnificent Marlborough Sounds to Picton.
From Picton, you'll voyage through vineyards and along the Pacific Coast to Kaikoura aboard the Coastal Pacific train.
Your final journey is again aboard the Coastal Pacific train, meandering alongside secluded beaches on your way to Christchurch.
Solo Traveller Options
Guaranteed Share: If you are a solo traveller, you can choose the guaranteed Share option, and we will match you with another solo traveller of the same gender in a twin-bedded room. If we can't match you with another solo traveller, we will cover the Single Supplement cost.
Single Supplement: If you are a Solo Traveller and would like a room to yourself, you can select to pay the Single Supplement when confirming your booking.
This tour date is guaranteed to depart
Single supplement available
Hurry! This tour is either almost sold out or close to departure
Whether it's pricing, availability, future dates, tour options or extended itineraries, our super-friendly and knowledgeable Travel Centre team is on hand to answer your questions and help build your perfect New Zealand holiday.
Give us a call or contact us online, we can't wait to hear from you.
More tours to explore
Tales from the Tours
Get the inside story by travelling with us from Auckland to Queenstown aboard one of our New Zealand Rail Tours in our “Tales from the Tours” blog series!