Join us on an unforgettable journey through the South Island. Travel off the beaten track in comfort and style as we guide you on this scenic adventure of a lifetime from Christchurch to Queenstown.
- Experience the Southern Alps by world-renowned TranzAlpine train journey
- Uncover the home of the sacred pounamu, mesmerising blue lakes, and ancient forests on the West Coast
- Discover Haast Pass on a unique Kiwi-style Road Trip adventure
- Be captivated by the storytelling of your Tour Director along this great journey
- Explore the Milford Sound aboard a scenic cruise
- Admire the sparkling Lake Wakatipu aboard the historic TSS Earnslaw steamship
You'll love this tour
This adventure is an enviable trip designed for those who want a stress-free, scenic journey like no other. Meet like-minded travellers while experiencing world-class activities in charming locations.
- Experienced Tour Director
- Christchurch Historic Tramway Restaurant
- West Coast Tree Top Walk
- Punakaiki Pancake Rocks and Blowholes Walk
- Haast River Safari
- Milford Sounds Day Tour and Cruise
- TSS Earnslaw Cruise and Dinner Excursion
- World-Class Scenic Train Journey
Our Signature Inspirational Alps tour between Christchurch and Queenstown includes New Zealand's must-do activities:
Our Signature Inspirational Alps tour includes one of the greatest journeys in New Zealand - the world-famous TranzAlpine.
The journey is part of the destination on our tours, and our Scenic trains are the ultimate way to see New Zealand.
On our Signature Inspirational Alps tour, your journey begins aboard the world-famous TranzAlpine, traversing the rugged cliffs of the Waimakariri River gorge on your ascent into the Southern Alps.
From Arthur's Pass, you will descend through the century-old Otira tunnel that stretches 8.5km beneath the great divide. On the far side, you'll wind through the lush green scenery of West Coast on your way past Lake Brunner and onto Greymouth.
Lastly, from Greymouth you will travel by luxury bus along the famous Great Coast Road - one of the most beautiful roads in the world.
Solo Traveller Options
Guaranteed Share: If you are a solo traveller, you can choose the guaranteed Share option, and we will match you with another solo traveller of the same gender in a twin-bedded room. If we can't match you with another solo traveller, we will cover the Single Supplement cost.
Single Supplement: If you are a Solo Traveller and would like a room to yourself, you can select to pay the Single Supplement when confirming your booking.
This tour date is guaranteed to depart
Single supplement available
Hurry! This tour is either almost sold out or close to departure
Whether it's pricing, availability, future dates, tour options or extended itineraries, our super-friendly and knowledgeable Travel Centre team is on hand to answer your questions and help build your perfect New Zealand holiday.
Give us a call or contact us online, we can't wait to hear from you.
More tours to explore
Discover the West Coast
From idyllic lakes to geological wonders, discover why New Zealand's West Coast is such a spectacular place to visit:
Tales from the Tours
Get the inside story by travelling with us from Auckland to Queenstown aboard one of our New Zealand Rail Tours in our “Tales from the Tours” blog series!