Catch the TranzAlpine train from Greymouth
The TranzAlpine Greymouth to Christchurch train departs in the early afternoon on its legendary journey through the Southern Alps to Christchurch on the east coast. Taking just under five hours, this spectacular journey is rated among the top 10 train trips in the world.
TranzAlpine Check In
- Check-in inside Greymouth Station at the Greymouth i-Site.
- Collect Boarding Pass and Luggage Labels at Check-in
- Check in all wheeled cabin bags, large bags, backpacks and suitcases
- Label luggage and deposit at Check-in counter
- Locate your seat using the Carriage and Seat number on your Boarding Pass
- Check-in closes 13:45 (1.45pm)
Greymouth Station Map
164 Mackay St, Greymouth 7805
Our TranzAlpine Greymouth to Christchurch train runs long weekends (Friday to Monday) until 22 September 2023.
From 22 September 2023, the TranzAlpine will be running seven days a week.
Getting to Greymouth:
You can get to Greymouth by train from Christchurch aboard the world-famous TranzAlpine. Either book a train journey directly or choose from one of our many West Coast packages and tours to see more of this wonderful region:
Explore the West Coast
Explore New Zealand's wild West Coast from Greymouth Railway Station