Catch the TranzAlpine train from Greymouth
Board the world-famous TranzAlpine train from Greymouth on New Zealand's wild West Coast.
The TranzAlpine Greymouth to Christchurch train departs in the early afternoon on its legendary journey through the Southern Alps to Christchurch on the east coast. Taking just under five hours, this spectacular journey is rated among the top 10 train trips in the world.
TranzAlpine Check In
- Check-in inside Greymouth Station at the Greymouth i-Site.
- Collect Boarding Pass and Luggage Labels at Check-in
- Check in all wheeled cabin bags, large bags, backpacks and suitcases
- Label luggage and deposit at Check-in counter
- Locate your seat using the Carriage and Seat number on your Boarding Pass
- Check-in closes 13:45 (1.45pm)
Greymouth Station Map
164 Mackay St, Greymouth 7805
Our TranzAlpine Greymouth to Christchurch train runs long weekends (Friday to Monday) until 24 December 2022.
From 26 December 2022, the TranzAlpine will be running seven days a week.